ISO 14001 2004
ISO 14001 - Environmental Management System
Organizations of all kinds are increasingly concerned with achieving and demonstrating sound environmental performance by controlling the impacts of their activities, products and services on the environment, consistent with their environmental policy and objectives. They do so in the context of increasingly stringent legislation, the development of economic policies and other measures that foster environmental protection, and increased concern expressed by interested parties about environmental matters and sustainable development.
The ISO14001 standards are designed to provide an internationally recognized framework for environmental management, measurement, evaluation and auditing. A system compliant to ISO14001 is a management system dedicated to manage the environmental issues of an organization.
A Certified Environmental Management System proves that the business is taking active steps to fulfill social & environmental responsibilities. Environmentally credible companies have a competitive edge in national and international markets. An "Environmental Management System" helps the organization to be in control of and successfully manage the most significant environmental aspects, e.g. emissions, waste-handling, utilize natural resources and energy-efficiency together with compliance to environmental regulations.
This Standard specifies requirements for an environmental management system that enables an organization to develop and implement a policy and objectives which take into account legal requirements and information about significant environmental aspects. It is intended to apply to all types and sizes of organization and to accommodate diverse geographical, cultural and social conditions.
Advantage of of the ISO14001 certification are in the following areas:
- Improved corporate image
- Strategic investment
- Significant demonstration of management responsibilities & commitment to environmental concerns towards employees, stakeholders & society
- Competitive advantage over international trade barriers
- Compliance with concerned statutory & regulatory requirements
- Tremendous increase in process yields
- Help in converting by products and other waste into commercially valuable forms
- Significantly reduced energy consumption, hazards and accidents
- Effectively manage the significant environmental aspects
Why Choose Worldwide Standard Certifications (WSC) for EMS Certification?
- Worldwide Standard Certifications (WSC) offers certification/registration services for Environmental Management Systems (EMS) as per ISO 14001:2004, besides offering a range of other services like certification of Quality Management Systems as per ISO 9001:2008, Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) management system as per OHSAS 18001:2007, Food Safety Management Services (including HACCP) as per ISO 22000:2005.
- Worldwide Standard Certifications (WSC) is a fast growing certification body possessing highly skilled and experienced human resources dedicated to provide quality services to our clients for achieving excellence in business. Our clients, numbering more than 1200 bear a testimony to this.
- Worldwide Standard Certifications (WSC) is independent, impartial, certification body providing most reliable & economical certification certification services .
- Worldwide Standard Certifications (WSC) provides value for money to the client. Our essential focus area is value assurance for the client, which means that we work proactively with our clients to identify and deliver value for them and their customers while at the same time ensuring compliance with the relevant international standards. We offer a competitive fee structure and we are highly cost-effective.
ISO 14001:2004 Registration Process: Our Methodology
At Worldwide Standard Certifications (WSC) our methodology for ISO 14001:2004 registration/certification consists of the following steps:
- Signing of Contract
- Pre-audit (optional) to identify gap analysis of your current position against the standard
- Phase I Audit – Documentation Review
- Phase II Audit – Initial Certification Audit
- Issuance of Certificate
- Surveillance Audits to ensure maintenance of system and continual improvement
- Re-certification through full audit after 3 years for continual assessment