ISO 22000 2005
A feed and food safety management system enables companies to provide trust to customers and consumers about the corporate capability to manage the food safety related risks
International Standards provide a reference framework, or a common technological language, between suppliers and their customers - which facilitates trade and the transfer of technology. ISO 22000:2005 is an international standard related to Food Safety Management Systems (FSMS)
The ISO22000 standard has been developed within ISO by experts from the food industry along with representatives of specialized international organizations and in close cooperation with the Codex Alimentarius Commission, the body jointly established by the United Nations' Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) and World Health Organization (WHO) to develop food standards.
Food Safety Management System is a risk management tool specifically designed for the food industry in order to assure food safety. It specifies requirements for food safety, where an organization in the food chain needs to demonstrate its ability to control food safety hazards in order to ensure that food is safe at the time of human consumption.
This International Standard specifies the requirements for a food safety management system that combines the following generally recognized key elements to ensure food safety along the food chain, up to the point of final consumption:
- Interactive communication;
- System management;
- Prerequisite programmes;
- HACCP principles.
Advantage of ISO 22000 Certifications
- ISO22000 is designed to allow all types of organizations within the food chain to implement a food safety management system. These range from feed producers, primary producers, food manufacturers, transport and storage operators and subcontractors to retail and food service outlets together with related organizations such as producers of equipment, packaging material, cleaning agents, additives and ingredients.
- Another benefit of ISO22000 is that it extends the successful management system approach of the ISO9001quality management system with Hazard Analysis process & Critical Controls, and plans in order to provide safe food.
- Adoption to these standards changes the concerned company's approach from retroactive quality testing to a preventive work culture.
- Helps to develop confidence of customer
- Demonstration of legal and regulatory compliance , Companies face strong requirements from legislators, customers and consumers to assure consistently safe production processes
- Enhanced status and competitive advantage. A commitment to conscious risk management will be one of the main competitive advantages.
- ISO 22000:2005 focuses on the total food chain – farming, processing, manufacturing, wholesale, retail food service and also on the interested parties – customers, suppliers, public authorities, etc.
Why Choose Worldwide Standard Certifications (WSC) for FSMS Certification?
- Worldwide Standard Certifications (WSC) offers certification/registration services for Food Safety Management Systems (FSMS) as per ISO 22000:2005, besides offering a range of other services like certification of Quality Management Systems as per ISO 9001:2000, Environmental Management Systems as per ISO 14001:2004., Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) management system as per OHSAS 18001:2007
- Worldwide Standard Certifications (WSC) is a fast growing certification body possessing highly skilled and experienced human resources dedicated to provide quality services to our clients for achieving excellence in business.
- Worldwide Standard Certifications (WSC) is independent, impartial, certification body providing most reliable & economical certifications services .
- Worldwide Standard Certifications (WSC) provides value for money to the client. Our essential focus area is value assurance for the client, which means that we work proactively with our clients to identify and deliver value for them and their customers while at the same time ensuring compliance with the relevant international standards. We offer a competitive fee structure and we are highly cost-effective.
- WSC employs food technologists and experts of food chain, who are experienced and have undergone typical in-house and external HACCP training and ISO22000 training, as assessors.
- The process approach auditing of WSC minimizes the risk of system lapses and enhances customer and public confidence in the management system of organizations
ISO 22000:2005 Registration Process: Our Methodology
At Worldwide Standard Certifications (WSC) our methodology for ISO 22000:2005 registration/certification consists of the following steps:
- Signing of Contract
- Pre-audit (optional) to identify gap analysis of your current position against the standard
- Phase I Audit – Documentation Review
- Phase II Audit – Initial Certification Audit
- Issuance of Certificate
- Surveillance Audits to ensure maintenance of system and continual improvement
- Re-certification through full audit after 3 years for continual assessment