OHSAS 18001 2007
An Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) management system aims to protect workers and their surroundings from health-threatening eventualities. It explicates management-specific procedures and processes that the company has introduced to prevent hazardous incidents and to limit their effects.
The certification for occupational health and safety management systems that is globally recognized is the OHSAS 18001 certification. It was developed to bridge the gap in employee welfare criteria where no third-party international standard existed.
OHSAS 18001:2007 is the International Occupational Health and Safety Management Standard. OHSAS 18001 provides a framework to the effective management of OH&S including compliance with the legislation that applies to your activities and identified hazards. OHSAS 18001 sets requirements for monitoring and improving safety in the workplace. In addition to the OHSAS 18001 specifications, there is a guidance document known as OHSAS 18002:2000 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems Guidelines for the implementation of OHSAS 18001. The standard is applicable to any organization that wishes to eliminate or minimize risk to employees and other stakeholders who may be exposed to OH&S risks associated with its activities.
Key elements of OHSAS 18001
- Hazard identification, danger assessment and ways to control these.
- An OHSAS management program.
- Structure and responsibility for occupational health and safety measures.
- Training and awareness program
- Communication to internal and external parties
- Operational control
- Emergency watchfulness and prompt response.
- Performance measurement, monitoring and skill enhancement
Advantage of of OHSAS 18001 certification
- Increase employees' safety awareness and motivation
- Ensure that you fulfil statutory and official health and safety requirements.
- Prevent accidents
- Reduced risk to employees, customers and suppliers
- Reduction in the costs associated with accidents at work
- Enhanced staff morale and motivation
- Demonstration of legal and regulatory compliance
- Enhanced status and competitive advantage
- Reduced insurance premiums
Why Choose Worldwide Standard Certifications (WSC) for Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) management system (OHSAS) Certification?
- Worldwide Standard Certifications (WSC) offers certification/registration services for Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) management system (OHSAS ) as per OHSAS 18001:2007 , besides offering a range of other services like certification of Quality Management Systems as per ISO 9001:2008, Environmental Management Systems as per ISO 14001:2004, Food Safety Management Services (including HACCP) as per ISO 22000:2005.
- Worldwide Standard Certifications (WSC) is a fast growing certification body possessing highly skilled and experienced human resources dedicated to provide quality services to our clients for achieving excellence in business.
- Worldwide Standard Certifications (WSC) is independent, impartial, certification body providing most reliable & economical certification certification services .
- Worldwide Standard Certifications (WSC) provides value for money to the client. Our essential focus area is value assurance for the client, which means that we work proactively with our clients to identify and deliver value for them and their customers while at the same time ensuring compliance with the relevant international standards. We offer a competitive fee structure and we are highly cost-effective.
ISO OHSAS 18001:2007 Registration Process: Our Methodology
At Worldwide Standard Certifications (WSC) our methodology for OHSAS 18001:2007 registration/certification consists of the following steps:
- Signing of Contract
- Pre-audit (optional) to identify gap analysis of your current position against the standard
- Phase I Audit – Documentation Review
- Phase II Audit – Initial Certification Audit
- Issuance of Certificate
- Surveillance Audits to ensure maintenance of system and continual improvement
- Re-certification through full audit after 3 years for continual assessment